Employment Opportunities at GSELC – send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Teachers should be educated, kind, loving, fun, professional and creative. They should instill a love of learning in their students, and focus upon helping each individual student learn at his or her own pace. Lead Teachers should be reliable and independent.
Teacher is a full-time position with the following responsibilities.
- Teach a class of students from September – June and June-August
- Plan daily activities and lessons that correspond with the curriculum
- Teach letters, numbers, and colors.
- Help students explore the world around them.
- Maintain a safe and healthy environment.
- Model appropriate table manners by eating with children.
- Plan art, music, and movement activities that correspond with their curriculum.
- Request necessary supplies according to a pre-established guidelines.
- Help students learn classroom procedures.
- Help students learn personal responsibility and respect for fellow students.
- Use appropriate behavior management and classroom discipline.
- Attend monthly staff meetings.
- Attend trainings as necessary to maintain a continuous 18 hours of professional development hours.
- Establish consistent communication with parents and children.
- Prepare Progress Reports based on classroom observations November, February, and May.
- Create a culturally inclusive classroom with activities that support different cultures and backgrounds.
o College Degree preferred or a combination at college classes and experience.
o Coursework in Early Childhood Education.
- Have or are actively working on New Hampshire Credentialing.
- Experience: Previous teaching experience required and experience working with young children. Should have a practical understanding of early childhood education.
- Personal Qualities:
o Need to be friendly, inviting, self-motivated, even-tempered and adaptable.
o Strong organizational skills.
o Ability to multi-task.
o Willingness to work as a team and maintain a positive work environment while enforcing Granite Start Early Learning Center’s rules consistently.
o Experience working with staff and families from diverse backgrounds and experiences.
- 40 hours Vacation Time available after 1 year on employment.
- 40 hours Sick Time.
- Health, Vision & Dental
- 8 paid Holidays
If you are a friendly, dependable, responsible, energetic, enthusiastic person who loves and has a passion to work with and educate young children, then we are the center for you. Come share the joy of working in a fun/friendly environment with other Professional Early Childhood Educators.